The official VOCALOID Facebook page as well as Crusher-P have just announced a new V4 VOCALOID: “CYBER SONGMAN“. As one may be able to guess, he’s in the same series as the female V4 vocal, CYBER DIVA.
Voice Bank Information
Recommended Range: A1 to A3
Recommended Tempo: 70 to 190 BPM
CYBER SONGMAN has a second User Dictionary. One can switch between the two in order to have a more British or American accent.
In addition, he has two extra phonemes:  and [@l]. is the American English tap-t sound. It’s used in words like “better” where there’s not quite the sound of a T nor a D. [@l] is a syllabic [l] sound (that’s lower-case L). It’s used in words like “apple”.
Below, you can listen to a comparison of CYBER SONGMAN with and without the extra phonemes.
He’s also capable of “gruff” and “harsh” voice expressions, which can be used for a wider range of sound effects or for particular music genres.
And, of course, he’s able to Growl as well.
At the moment, CYBER SONGMAN is only available as a digital download.
- Digital Download: ¥10,000 JPY (about $100 USD)
- CYBER SONGMAN Starter Pack (Download Version): ¥19,000 JPY (about $190 USD) [5% discount!]
- CYBER SONGMAN Starter Pack for Cubase (Download Version): ¥19,000 JPY (about $190 USD) [5% discount!]
- VOCALOID4 ENGLISH Starter Pack (male & female) (Download Version): ¥24,000 JPY (about $240 USD) [20% discount!]
- VOCALOID4 ENGLISH Starter Pack for Cubase (male & female) (Download Version): ¥24,000 JPY (about $240 USD) [20% discount!]
There are currently two demo songs available for CYBER SONGMAN.
In addition to the demos, YAMAHA also uploaded a video detailing the development of CYBER SONGMAN. You can also read a text version of the interview here.
The interview discusses the previously mentioned extra phonemes as well as a bit of information on how CYBER SONGMAN was developed.
NOTE: We’ve updated this article to provide more information and make it more clear for readers.