YAMAHA has surprised the fandom with an announcement of yet another male VOCALOID. The new library will be VOCALOID Fukase and its voice provider is none other than Fukase from SEKAI NO OWARI. This marks the second high profile singer (the first being Sachiko Kobayashi voicing VOCALOID Sachiko) and the third high profile person (the first being Sachiko, the second Arsloid*) to have a voice bank announced in less than a month. Incredibly, this is also the second male voice bank to be announced in less than a month as well.
However, many details are still unknown about VOCALOID Fukase. For the moment, all we know is that a design contest is currently being hosted through pixiv and that VOCALOID Fukase will be a VOCALOID 4 product.
*Though Arsloid was officially announced back in June, no significant details (besides his voice provider’s identity) about him surfaced until recently.
- The application period is from August 4th until August 31st.
- Entries from outside of Japan are accepted, but physical prizes will only be sent to Japanese addresses.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have written permission from your legal guardian to enter.
- You are allowed to submit multiple designs.
- The Grand Prize is being the illustrator for the box art as well as all official art for VOCALOID Fukase.
- There are 5 Second Place prizes: Each a physical signed copy of VOCALOID Fukase.
- There are 10 Runner-Up Prizes: Each a pair of tickets to the SEKAI NO OWARI tour in 2016.
- Finally, there are 10 pixivFACTORY awards: “Gift items that you can make in pixivFACTORY with the winning illustrations.”
- The images have no restriction for size, but if you do win you are required to send in an image of portrait 3508×2480 pixels at 300 dpi.
- To submit it under pixiv simply tag your artwork with “ボカロふかせ” (Vocaloid Fukase).
- There are no restrictions to the design itself. It’s only asked that you do not infringe on copyrights; create an obscene, brutal, or discriminatory image; and do not enter an image that has already been commercialized. (See: Terms [Japanese].)
How to View the Entries
The Voice Provider
Fukase is the main singer in SEKAI NO OWARI. He’s also collaborated with livetune, singing the vocals for the “Devil Survivor 2” anime. In addition, SEKAI NO OWARI also sung the theme song for the first “Attack on Titan” movie.
livetune adding Fukase “Take Your Way” (“Devil Survivor 2″ anime opening)
“ANTI-HERO“, the theme song of the “Attack on Titan” movie.
Fukase’s voice works both when being used powerfully as well as when being softer. Though there is no official word on if VOCALOID Fukase will have more than one voice bank, many fans hope so due to the versatility of Fukase’s voice.