From now until the end of November 2017, users of the SNOW app can take a selfie or video with the twin-tailed virtual diva, Hatsune Miku!
SNOW, from SNOW Inc., is described as being a video messaging app with over 100 million downloads worldwide! From the app’s description:
- You can send funny stickers to your friends in video calls
- Take a fun video with live face effects and send it to friends
- Send a video note instantly while chatting and invite friends to a group chat
- Add a video to Story to share your moments with friends
- Friends can view your video only once. No more worries for ridiculous selfies
Miku X SNOW
Users of the app will find that there is a new AR filter with Hatsune Miku’s face. Once selected, an AR avatar of KEI‘s original V2 Hatsune Miku will appear and track your movements! She is capable of mimicking head, eye, mouth, and even eyebrow movements. Here are some some pictures of SNOW’s staff trying it out:
— SNOW App(Official) (@SNOW_jp_SNOW) October 31, 2017
We have released the #Live2D avatar of Miku who can follow your facial expressions♪
You, too, can become a 2D character⁉️
This is actually the second time that SNOW that has collaborated with Hatsune Miku. They have previously worked together create Miku hair and necktie graphics for the Ultra Teens Fes earlier this year. Here are some pictures of the Crypton staff giving the app a go.
Source: Hatsune Miku Official Blog