With the tickets now on sale for Miku Expo 2020, there’s also new information about the Miku Expo song contest!
This contest calls for new original songs featuring Hatsune Miku and don’t worry if you don’t have Miku already, as there will be a 39 day trial version of Hatsune Miku V4X English available to download from Sonicwire here.
So, let’s find out more about the contest!
The deadline for the contest is October 31st 2019 at 11:59 PM (JST).
Of course, with any contest, there comes prizes! There are 3 prizes on offer for the contest, 1 Grand Prize and 2 Runner-up prizes.
Grand Prize (x1)
- Your song will be performed at the HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2020 EUROPE concert tour, and will be included in the HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 5th Anniversary SONOCA Music Download Card as well as published via Crypton Future Media’s music label KARENT.
- A pair of tickets to any HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2020 EUROPE Concerts (travel expenses not covered).
- 100,000 JPY voucher for music production products from SONICWIRE
- An assortment of Hatsune Miku and Piapro Characters goods.
- Your song will be included in the HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 5th Anniversary SONOCA (＋Released via KARENT).
- A pair of tickets to any HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2020 EUROPE concert (travel expenses not covered).
- 30,000 JPY worth of products from SONICWIRE
- Submissions must feature vocals created with Hatsune Miku vocal synthesizer software.
- Submissions may feature vocals only by Hatsune Miku. Works featuring more than one character are ineligible. (Including chorus/harmony parts)
- Submissions must be original unreleased works not tied to any publishers, independent contracts, or management groups.
- Submissions must be under 4:30 (270 seconds) in length, and may be in any genre.
- Submissions may be in any language.
- Submissions must have been uploaded during the contest dates (October 1st – October 31st) to be considered for the prizes. Any submissions which were available to the public before the contest start date are not eligible, as well as any submissions uploaded past the deadline.
- Please submit entries through the provided submission form as a Soundcloud link. Please do not enable downloads on your submission.
- There are no restrictions on who can enter (participants under 18 years old must have parents’ or legal guardians’ permissions).
- Submission of commercial works by corporate entities is not allowed.
- Submissions can be collaborative works made by a team of people, but a single representative must be chosen as a contact point and recipient of any prizes.
- Any works already available to the public cannot be submitted. Any submissions found to have been available for public consumption before the contest will be disqualified.
- If for whatever reason any songs are submitted past the contest deadline, they will not be considered for the prizes.
- If a copyright infringement claim is filed on any contest submission, Crypton Future Media will not be held liable and all responsibilities to resolve the issue will rest on the contestant.
- Any submitted entries may be used by the contest hosts without prior notice or compensation for promotional purposes relating to the contest by the contest hosts. (Including cover art for the song)
- The Grand Prize winner will be asked to submit: 1) a .wav or other lossless file format of their finished song; 2) the instrumental version of the song; and 3) various data files required for live performance of the song, including the .vsq vocal data file. Runner-ups will need to provide 1) and 2).
- The Grand Prize winner submission may be modified by Crypton for the purpose of live performances.
- Winners will be contacted via email within three (3) days from the contest end date, and will have three (3) days to respond to initial contact to claim their prize. Contest hosts cannot be held liable for submissions with incorrect email addresses. If no response to the initial email is received the Prize is understood to be forfeit and will be given to a different entry.
- The rights to the Grand Prize submission will, upon selection, be transferred to Crypton Future Media. For each commercial usage of the work, a complimentary royalty payment may be made by Crypton to artist at Crypton’s discretion, such payment not to be construed as usage rights.
- This contest and its rules/conditions may undergo changes or be canceled without prior notice to its participants.
- By submitting an entry into the contest you are agreeing to all of the above rules.