Read on for full details on the prizes available, the contest deadline, how to enter, and the rules of entry for the contest.
The grand prize winner will have their song performed live at Hatsune Miku Magical Mirai 2018 and receive a SONICWIRE gift certificate worth ￥100,000 JPY (approx $910 USD). They will also receive a pair of tickets to one stage performance
The runner-ups will receive a SONICWIRE gift certificate worth ￥30,000 JPY (approx $273 USD).
The winners of the contest will be announced sometime in early May, 2018, and the contest organizers shall make the decision on who shall receive the prizes. They will be contacting the winners through email and publicly announcing the winners through Piapro.
The submission period for the Magical Mirai 2018 Music Contest began on Friday, February 2nd, 2018, at 17:00 JST, and will close on Thursday, March 29th, 2018, at 17:00 JST.
How to Enter
Eligible VOCALOID Character Voicebanks
Entrants may use any 1 of the following VOCALOID voicebanks for your entry:
This includes any variations of the voicebanks such as Append, V3, or V4X, and with any language version (Japanese, English, or Chinese).
However, please note that you can only use 1 character voicebank per entry.
Eligibility for Entry
Entrants must be registered with Piapro in order to enter the contest and adhere to the terms of the ‘Entry Method,’ ‘Important Points,’ and ‘Contest Rules’ described below.
To ensure that your entry meets the required format, please note the following:
- Entries must be 4 minutes 30 seconds long or less.
- The file format of entries must be MP3 format.
- Entries can use any genre of music, and be in any language.
Entries must be unpublished, original songs that do not breach contracts with any other publishing group or organization.
Please also ensure that you do not set any license terms when submitting your entry to Piapro. See the below image for guidance:
If your entry resembles the image on the left ー showing that your song is licensed and has the green “作品ダウンロード” button enabled for users to freely download your song ー then it was entered improperly.
If your entry resembles the image on the right ー showing that your song is unlicensed and that anyone who wishes to reprint to redistribute it must get your permission ー then it was entered properly.
To ensure that your entry is valid, you must apply and lock the tag “マジカルミライ２０１８＿楽曲” with your entry.
After uploading your entry, look for and click on the “編集” button located in the tag section.
On the tag edit page, enter the tag “マジカルミライ２０１８＿楽曲” into the text box labeled “新規タグ,” and click on the “追加” button to add the tag.
Then return to the tag edit page, and click on the “ロック” button next to the tag that you just added, which will lock it.
If you followed the above steps correctly, then a padlock icon should appear to the left of the tag that you locked.
To start submitting your entry, log in to Piapro and submit your entry here.
Please note the following:
- Do not use multiple VOCALOIDs.
- Be sure to post the lyrics to your song by either submitting them as a separate text file to Piapro, or by providing them in the description of the song.
- When submitting lyrics separately as a text file to Piapro, be sure to register it as ‘関連する作品 (Related Works).’
- Entries must be original songs that have not been made public previously and have not been submitted to other contests.
- Until the results are announced, please do not post your entries on any form of social media or submit them to other contests.
The rules of entry for the Magical Mirai 2018 Music Contest are as follows:
- Anyone can enter regardless of their skill level (i.e. professional or amateur) age, etc. For those under the age of 18, parental consent is required.
- You cannot enter using works that were created for business purposes.
- Entry of collaborative works by multiple people is allowed, but please provide the contact information for only one person chosen to represent your group.
- If there is a claim of copyright infringement or allegation from a third party for any entry, it will be the entrant’s own responsibility to resolve the claim. The contest organizers shall not take any responsibility.
- Only unpublished works will be accepted as entries.
- Please do not set licensing terms for entries submitted to the contest. If you submit your entry with license terms set, the entry will not appear in the entry list.
- Any works submitted after the conclusion of the entry period will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to post entry songs on their websites, social media platforms, or event sites as promotional material without prior consent from or compensation for the entrants.
- If your entry is selected, an e-mail will be sent from Crypton Future Media Co., Ltd. (containing @crypton.co.jp) to the e-mail address registered to your Piapro account.
- Please make sure that the email address registered to your Piapro account is able to receive emails by the time that the prize is awarded. If you do not confirm receipt of the email by sending your reply within a fixed time period, you may lose your right to receive the prize, and your entry selection may be voided.
- The grand prize winner must provide the audio data for the winning entry, along with any other data necessary for a live concert arrangement of the song.
- When it comes time for the live performance of the winning song entry, an arrangement of the song that would be suitable for the planned performance will be created at the discretion of the concert organizers.
- After the winning entry is determined, Crypton Future Media will gain all rights to use the winning entry for any purpose pertaining to Magical Mirai (live concert performance, merchandising, promotional activities, etc.). Crypton Future Media will also pay a usage fee to the grand prize winner for the rights to the live performance and merchandising.
- The contest details and entry conditions may be altered or canceled at any time without prior notice to the contest entrants.
※If there are any false statements found in an applicant’s entry information, we may cancel their song entry.
FAQs and Contact Form
If you have any questions about the contest, you may contact Piapro using this form.